Q: What can I do if I feel I have been treated unfairly by ACA Health?
If you are unhappy with the treatment you have received from ACA Health you first need to contact us and we will attempt to find a satisfactory resolution. If you are still unsatisfied after exhausting our internal complaints resolution options (view our Complaints Procedure and Policy), you are welcome to contact the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman (https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/How-we-can-help/private-health-insurance).
Q: Will my information be shared with any preferred providers or business partners?
ACA Health may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide and administer its products and services. This may include disclosures to:
- hospitals and health service providers from whom you have sought, or from whom you intend to seek treatment
- health management providers who offer health management and chronic disease management programs under an arrangement with ACA Health
- Government agencies such as the Australian Tax Office, Medicare Australia, the Private Health Insurance Administration Council, the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman and the Department of Health
- other private health insurers, for instances where you transfer to or from another private health insurer
- the Fund’s information technology and software system providers
- third party advisers and service providers to the Fund (such as auditors, actuaries, consultants and legal advisers).
Q: Will my privacy be protected?