Looking for a career move? Why not consider ACA Health Benefits Fund, a Private Health Insurance Fund. Founded in 1934, we are a not-for-profit Fund working hard to continually provide our members with value-for-money health cover at a great price. Over the past 87 years we have supported families of iconic Australian companies like Sanitarium, Sydney Adventist Hospital and Adventist Education.
Membership Sales Officer:
- Must be committed to the values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission.
- Hold a current (NSW) Drivers Licence and have a suitable vehicle.
- Sales/Customer Service experience.
- Professional sales presentation and telephone manner.
- Experience in data and word processing.
- A high level of customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually.
- Well organised and able to work to deadlines.
- A high level of computer and keyboarding skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
- Strong attention to detail.
Customer Service Membership Officer:
- Act as the first point of contact for all members and prospective members.
- Taking enquires via multiple communication channels.
- Respond daily to all correspondence requests including emails.
- Scrutinizing member applications for eligibility of membership.
- Manage the approval of membership applications and update member records accordingly.
- Ensure verbal discussions regarding new membership and/or membership changes are explained and confirmed in writing.
- Maintain the quality and integrity of membership records.
- Ensure smooth administration of new members joining, issuing, receiving and compiling all start up documentation.
- Issue starter kits and membership changes letters.
- Assist in member payment runs.
- Adhere to and support compliance with all regulatory requirements within the industry.
- Incorporate all health fund policies into all facets of the job.
- Participate in systems testing.
- Required administrative tasks.
- This role would suit someone with administration and/or customer service experience.
Casual Clerical Staff – Membership & Claims
- Assist with member enquires
- Experience in data and word processing
- Previous clerical experience would be an advantage
- High level of customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Well organised and able to work to deadlines
- High level of computer and keyboarding skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional phone manner
- Acceptance of change
- Excellent time management skills
- Delivery focused
- Ideal for a 2nd Year Nursing Students and University Students
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest:
Expression of Interest Sought – Closes 30th September 2021
ACA Health Benefits Fund is a Private Health Insurance fund. Our founding purpose is to benefit the health and well-being of Seventh-day Adventist Church employees and their extended families (including Local Church Officers and their extended families).
Founded in 1934, we are a not-for-profit fund working hard to continually provide our members with value-for-money health cover at a great price. ACA Health have a long, reliable history and meet the Federal Government solvency, capital adequacy and compliance standards.
Over the past years we have supported families of iconic Australian companies like Sanitarium, Sydney Adventist Hospital and Adventist Education. We ensure that all of our operating surplus is retained each year for future member benefits.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals to join our Board of Directors. The board meets approximately bi-monthly during business hours and Board members are expected to also be involved in a committee of the Board. Candidates must be willing to fulfil the time requirement to prepare for board meetings, participate in the meeting, participate in a committee meeting and use their knowledge, skills, experience and network to support the work of the fund. Meetings are held via combination of in person and virtual meetings.
To complement the skill set of existing directors, we are seeking individuals with experience and understanding of any of the following:
- Hospital administration
- Medical or clinical experience as a health practitioner
- Senior business executive with broad skills
Prior/current experience as a Board or Committee member would be highly regarded along with an understanding of good governance principles.
Membership of the ACA Health Benefits Fund Board is on a volunteer basis. Board Members are entitled to claim the cost of reasonable expenses associated with attendance at Board and Board Committee meetings.
Board Members have the benefit of directors and officers insurance and other protections.
The initial appointment is as a casual vacancy with a view to a 5-year appointment from 2021, to a maximum term of 2 appointments (10 years).
To express your interest, please provide a cover letter describing how and why you wish to contribute to the ACA Health Board and attach a brief resume with contact details of two referees.
Attention: David Potter, Chair
ACA Health Benefit Fund