New Maternity Benefits!
Under Complete Ancillary family cover, mothers-to-be and new mothers can now access a range of new benefits to help families meet the costs associated with having a baby. Changes are effective retrospectively for services from 1 July 2009.
Previously benefits were available just for pre-natal classes, with a benefit of up to $18 per class. The new benefits are now available for the following services/items:
- Pre & Post Natal Classes
- Settling Classes
- Lactation Consultations
- Appliances for hire or purchase
- Blood Glucose Monitor
- TENS Machine
- TED stockings
- Breast Pump
- Infant Sound and Respiartory Monitor (to help in the prevention of SIDS)
Benefits available are 80% of the cost, up to a maximum of $500 per family membership.
Waiting periods are for 2 months for classes and consultations, and 12 months for the appliances.
The new maternity benefits were a result of feedback in our past surveys.
Other pregnancy related benefits already available that you might not have thought about…
Deluxe / Private Hospital:
- Residential care (such as at a Tresillian or Karitane Family Care centre) for mums and babies needing a break.
- In-hospital psychiatric visits
- Total Health for Hospital early discharge program
Complete Ancillary Cover:
- Chiro / Physio / Massage for parents and baby
- Prescribed Pregnancy Vitamins
- Psychology visits
- Home Nursing visits (ordered by your doctor)
- Midwife confinement, if not using an Obstetrician
(For services not covered by Medicare).