New “Dependant Extension” Cover
We’ve heard that many of our members have children aged 21-25yrs who are no longer full-time students and who cannot afford to take out their own health cover. For this reason, you would like to keep them on the family membership for longer and we’d like to help you do just that!
How does it work?
To be eligible for the Dependant Extension you must have one of the following combined health
- Family Deluxe Hospital & Complete Ancillary.
- Family Deluxe Hospital & Ancillarylite
- Family Private Hospital & Complete Ancillary
- Family Private Hospital & Ancillary lite
Your children must also meet the following criteria…
- Are aged over 21 and under 25 years
- Do not qualify as a student dependant
- Are unmarried or not living with a partner
How much does it cost?
A 30% loading will be added to the cost of your family policy until your child turns 25 years, gets married, or decides to take out their own cover.
When is it available?
The Dependant Extension will be available from January 1, 2010, so that your children who might be finishing up their full-time study can now stay on your cover.
You can also add any of your children who are still under 25 back onto the family membership from 1 January 2010.
If you’d like to know more about the Dependant Extension option, please contact us for more info.